Friday, May 8, 2009

Fort Wayne Children's Zoo

Growing up I came to Fort Wayne a lot because my Grandpa and Grandma Sweatland had moved here for a couple of years. So in the summers all of us cousins took turns spending a week with them. I have many happy memories of the mall with the ice rink in it (which is no longer there and I was so sad about), swimming in the huge pool at the Y, and going to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. It was within walking distance of where my grandparents lived, so we went often. The things that stick out in my head are the Kangaroo pouch, the bat building, the Jeep safari, the farm, and the bird building. The zoo finally opened for the season a couple of weeks ago, and we were very excited to go check it out! We got a zoo pass because the zoo is only about 7 minutes from our house, so I'm sure we'll be there a lot! It was also voted one of the top ten children's zoos in the nation! Walking around the zoo brought back SO many memories as a lot of the same exhibits are there. Here's a picture of the girls in the kangaroo pouch, we have pictures of us when we were kids in the same one:

Because blogspot is messing up and won't let me move pictures right now, here's a picture of the girls playing in their sand table:

At the petting zoo, where Scott's infamous bottle episode took place:
Petting a bunny:
Sara playing in the train.
Lindsey in the train:
Lindsey and I in front of the sea lions:
Lindsey and a Komoto Dragon statue:

A cute kid tree house Lindsey loved!
So cute:
Lindsey and Sara watching the ponies. Lindsey's not brave enough to ride yet!
Playing in the dino eggs:
The kids enjoyed the zoo a lot, we've already been twice. It's so nice having the family pass because we don't have to do everything in one day. We can go for a couple of hours, then the kids can come home for a nap (ok, well Sara naps anyways).
Ryan and I have one week until we leave on our cruise! The countdown is on! Lindsey also has a fun trip coming up with her grandparents the day after we get home. She's going to Disney World again. Yes, twice in one year, what can I say my family loves Disney! We are going to stay home with Sara to give both girls some one on one time, I think they will both enjoy it. We have a busy month ahead, I hope I can keep up!


No comments:

Post a Comment